The construction of the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque started on 1st October 1983 and completed on 15 August 1987. The mosque was opened by His Royal Highness Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah on 11 March 1988. This mosque is a well-known landmark in Shah Alam, Selangor. The Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Mosque is also known as the Shah Alam Blue Mosque blue and silver resplendent dome.
Batu Caves, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Selangor, is a limestone hill made up of three main caves and a number of smaller ones. is a limestone hill that has a variety of caves and cave temples in Malaysia. It takes its name from the Malay word batu which means 'rock.' Batu Caves is also the name of a city in the area. The cave is one of the most famous Hindu shrines outside of India, dedicated to Lord Murugan.
Built in 1957, the Wat Chetwan or Thai Buddhist Chetawan Temple is a Thai temple in the Petaling District of Selangor. The temple was built by the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, then King of Thailand. This temple is a result of the initiative taken by Phra Kru Palat Vieng, a senior member of the Sangha group and a former resident of Kuala Lumpur in 1956. The idea was warmly received by the Government of the State of Selangor. The architecture of the temple resembles that of it Thailand. It is also one of the tourist hotspots in Klang Valley.
The Temple of Thean Hou is a six-tiered temple of the Chinese goddess of the Sea, Mazu, located in Kuala Lumpur. It is situated on 1,67 acres of land above Robson Heights. The construction of this temple in Klang Valley was completed in 1987 and officially opened in 1989. The temple was built by the Hainanese living in Malaysia and is owned and operated by the Selangor and Federal Territory Hainan Association and is one of the largest temples in South East Asia.
The Sultan Suleiman Mosque is the royal mosque of Selangor, situated in Klang, Selangor. It was built by the British at the beginning of 1932 and officially opened in 1934 by the late Almarhum Sultan Sir Alaeddin Sulaiman Shah and the British Federated Malay States High Commissioner Sir Lawrence Nuuns Guillemard. The design of the mosque is a mixture of the Western Art Deco and the Neoclassical Cathedral styles.
According to records, Father Souhait, who was an architecture student, was ordered to take care of the religious care of the Catholics living in Klang and its surrounding areas, such as Kuala Langat and Kuala Selangor. He was the one who was in control of buying the property where the church now stands. The Church of Our Lady of Lourdes Klang was founded in 1900.
This is one of the oldest churches in the Klang Valley. The original church was sanctified to the Virgin Mary by the Right Reverend George Frederick Hose, Bishop of Singapore, Labuan & Sarawak, on February 13, 1887. This building was initially built of wood on Bluff Road, on the top of a hill now known as Bukit Aman, where the Royal Malaysian Police Headquarters is now located. At that time, it acted as a place of worship and spiritual life for the small community of Anglicans around Kuala Lumpur.